You can find us on Internet, Facebook and Twitter. This page will give you a better idea on how to engage with us in social media, what you can expect from us, and where to find more information. Our Website, Twitter and Facebook accounts aim to get feedback or engage in dialogue on relevant topics.
EMF’s Website Engagement Guidelines
Websites generate general, specific and practical information. Through our Website we aim to provide you with information on what the EMF/EMYA is about, on its legal framework, history and its goals, formal milestones, activities and initiatives.
- We are committed to have a dialogue with our visitors, the European museum community, our associates and partners. We hope to get feedback on our program, on what it means to you to be an associate or partner of EMF/EMYA, to be a Nominee, a Winner or a Participant. We love you to share new interesting museum developments with us.
- You can send your contribution or story through our Website. We reserve the right to not publish content that is off-topic, out of context, spam, non-courteous or promotional.
Emf Twitter Engagement Guidelines
Twitter asks a very basic question of its users: “What’s happening?” Through our Twitter account we aim to provide you with short updates and news related facts. We welcome your thoughts on any and all of those topics.
Here are a couple of things you should know about our Twitter engagement:
- We aim to have a dialogue with our followers. We count on you to use @ messages in a way that contributes to the dialogue. Please support any claims with links to information sources whenever possible. We love opinions; we love them even more when you back them up with facts.
- We strive to respond to as many relevant questions and comments as possible, but we reserve the right to use our judgment in selecting the messages we respond to.
- Following a Twitter account or including an account in a Twitter list does not constitute an endorsement; the same applies to re-tweeting messages posted on accounts that The EMF does not own, or marking them as “favorites.”
The posting and presence of content on Twitter does not necessarily mean that EMF agrees with the content, ensures its accuracy or otherwise approves of it. Nothing in any Twitter page constitutes a binding representation, agreement or an endorsement on the part of The EMF.
EMF’s Facebook Engagement Guidelines
We’re excited that you’ve joined us on our Facebook page, and we know you’ve got plenty to say. While you’re with us, we hope you’ll take a moment to read the following guidelines we ask you to follow when contributing to our Facebook page:
- Don’t do anything that breaks the law.
- Be polite and courteous, even if you disagree.
- Stay on topic. Keep the conversation relevant to the community and contribute to the dialogue. We reserve the right to remove content that is off-topic, out of context, spam, promotional or links to third party sites.
- Keep it real. All posts should come from a real person and a real profile. Postings from fake or anonymous profiles will be deleted when discovered.
- We reserve the right to remove content posted that violates these guidelines.
- If you are an EMF/EMYA associate, please follow these additional guidelines:
- Know the rules. Before engaging on Facebook, or on any other social media property, make sure you read and understand the EMF’s Social Media Policy. In any and all interactions, make sure that you don’t share confidential or private information about the business operations; respect financial disclosure laws; and do not say you speak for the EMF without express written authorization from the BoT to do so.
Our EMF social team is responsible for engaging followers through our page. To avoid confusion, we ask that you not attempt to respond to inquiries or comments directed specifically to the EMF or asking for an official BoT response on this site.